Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Healthcare.gov breach compromised applicants’ financial, immigration data. The Washington Times, November 10, 2018.
The hack back in October compromised the personal information of people who applied for healthcare coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
2) CMS To Release Mandatory Medicare Payment Model. Modern Healthcare, November 8, 2018.
Azar says new mandatory oncology payment model is coming.
3) Medicare expands access to in-home support for seniors. The Associated Press, November 9, 2018.
Some Medicare Advantage plans will cover in home services as well as devices for seniors.
4) Title X grantees must offer hormonal birth control, HHS says. Modern Healthcare, November 8, 2018.
The Trump administration has clarified that every recipient of the Title X family planning must include a provider that offers hormonal birth control.
5) GOP Abandons Efforts To Repeal ACA. The Washington Post, November 7, 2018.
Republicans quit the fight to replace Obamacare.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.