Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Equifax, company in data breach, holds Obamacare customer info. AJC, September 13, 2017.
Equifax has the federal contract to verify incomes for policyholders on the Affordable Care Act insurance exchanges.
2) FDA Moves To Guard Against Abuse Of ‘Orphan Drug’ Program. Kaiser Health News, September 13, 2017.
The FDA is changing its approval process for “orphan drugs” by closing a loophole that allows manufacturers to skip pediatric testing requirements.
3) 5 common HIPAA compliance pitfalls for healthcare orgs to avoid. Healthcare IT News, September 13, 2017.
Healthcare organizations need to stay ahead of issues and seek help when issues are identified.
4) Health, energy CEOs explain early leadership challenges. Crain’s, September 13, 2017.
Health leaders in Michigan discussed challenges faced as CEOs.
5) Ransomware and electronic records access, healthcare’s biggest threats. Healthcare IT News, September 13, 2017.
While there are many threats in healthcare, ransomware is the most urgent.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.