Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Safe nursing staffing bills face uphill battle to get hearing. Crain’s, November 19, 2017.
A bipartisan bill on nurse staffing has been introduced in the Michigan legislature to improve patient safety and quality.
2) EU Chooses New Homes for Medicines Agency and Banking Authority. The Wall Street Journal, November 20, 2017.
The European Union’s FDA equivalent will be moved from London to Amsterdam, as a result of Brexit.
3) Telehealth policy changes mean big revenue opportunities for hospitals. Healthcare IT News, November 21, 2017.
New policies are poised to change reimbursement for virtual care.
4) Report: Buyout Of Aetna Inc. Could Come This Month. Hartford Courant, November 20, 2017.
Aetna Inc. could reach a buyout deal with CVS Health Corp. for $66 billion this month.
5) Big Tobacco’s anti-smoking ads begin after decade of delay. The Washington Post, November 21, 2017.
Under court order, the tobacco industry will be forced to advertise the deadly effects of smoking.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.