Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Nebraska Lawmaker Proposes Constitutional Amendment to Expand Medicaid. Lincoln (NE) Journal Star, February 21, 2018.
Nebraska Senator proposing a coverage expansion to over 90,000 low-income Nebraskans without health insurance.
2) Progressive think tank touts new “Medicare Extra for All” plan. Washington Examiner, February 22, 2018.
The Center for American Progress released a plan to make Medicare available to everyone.
3) House panel announces opioid enforcement bills ahead of hearing. The Hill, February 22, 2018.
Eight bills unveiled to help combat the opioid crisis.
4) Proposed Connecticut Measure Would Allow Pregnant Women To Gain Access To Health Care Coverage. CT News Junkie, February 27, 2018.
Republican lawmakers are teaming up with Planned Parenthood to create legislation to provide healthcare to pregnant women.
5) Judge tosses lawsuit lawsuit challenging federal marijuana laws. The Associated Press, February 27, 2018.
Judge dismissed lawsuit that challenged federal laws criminalizing marijuana.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.