Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Trump tariffs target key ingredients for tons of drugs. Bloomberg Politics, April 3 2018.
Proposed tariff on Chinese-manufactured products targets key ingredients, pacemakers and artificial joints.
2) Medicare Advantage Plans Cleared To Go Beyond Medical Coverage–Even Groceries. Kaiser Health News, April 3, 2018.
Huge changes to coverage coming to Medicare Advantage next year, including coverage for groceries and rides to appointments.
3) CMS tweaks opioid proposal after backlash. The Hill, April 3, 2018.
CMS makes changes to opioid proposal after criticism.
4) Trump administration aims to lower drug prices for seniors. CNN Money, April 2, 2018.
Several changes announced to reduce drug costs for seniors in 2019.
5) Hospitals fight to keep drug discount. Duluth News Tribune, April 1 2018.
Hospitals working out to keep their 340B drug discount.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.