Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) HHS secretary: Trump drug pricing plan will go ‘much further’ than budget proposal. The Hill, May 2, 2018.
Azar says administration intends on going much further in their efforts to reduce drug prices.
2) Michigan House committee mulling bill that seeks to impose Medicaid work requirements. MLive, May 2, 2018.
Medicaid recipients will be cut off says opponent of work requirements.
3) Lethal flu season drives business at for-profit hospital chains. The Washington Examiner, May 1, 2018.
Flu season helps drive profits and two hospital chains.
4) Missouri House Votes to Legalize Medical Marijuana. US News, May 1, 2018.
Missouri house votes to legalize medical marijuana ahead of ballot initiatives.
5) Former COO of Sparrow Carson Hospital Files Whistleblower Lawsuit. Lansing State Journal, April 30 2018.
The COO says she was fired for reporting substandard medical care at the hospital.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.