Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) FDA Approves First Drug From Marijuana Plant. The Wall Street Journal, June 26, 2018.
The prescription drug will be used to treat rare forms of epilepsy.
2) Governor Floats Hospital Tax to Pay for Medicaid Expansion. U.S. News, June 25, 2018.
Some say Maine’s Governor is floating a new tax bill on hospitals to pay for Medicaid expansion.
3) Texas Assists Patients with Medical Bills. Dallas News, June 26, 2018.
The state has helped patients with over $15 million in medical bills since 2009.
4) Former Physician Found Guilty in $13 Million Health Care Fraud. Dallas News, June 25, 2018.
Former ER doctor found guilty of signing false documents.
5) Medicare To Provide More Benefits For Chronically Ill. The New York Times, June 24, 2018.
Medicare is offering more care to the chronically ill, aiming to improve the health of millions.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.