Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Medicare: Seniors want coverage for dental care. Knox News, July 23, 2018.
Seniors are urging Medicare to make dental coverage available.
2) Bon Secours Health System, Mercy Health to complete merger in the fall. The Baltimore Sun, July 24, 2018.
The two hospital systems expect to have their merger complete by this fall.
3) Minor increase projected for Affordable Care Act insurance rates next year. Trib Live, July 23, 2018.
ACA plans could go up by as little as 1% by next year in Pennsylvania.
4) Medicare Advantage Is About To Change: Here’s What You Should Know. The New York Times, July 20, 2018.
Plans will be able to cover adult day care, home modifications and other new benefits.
5) South Carolina doctor risked it all to blow the whistle on a national Medicare fraud. The Island Packet, July 22, 2018.
A Hilton Head physician risked it all to expose a Medicare fraud scheme that affected his own patients.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.