Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) To lower drug costs, CMS wants Medicare Part D plans to loosen formularies. STAT News, August 30, 2018.
In an effort to lower drug costs the Trump administration is allowing Medicare Part D plans to alter their formularies.
2) Obamacare allies lay out strategy to defeat lawsuit seeking to end law. The Washington Examiner, August 30, 2018.
Seventeen states are expected to argue that a legal challenge to the ACA should be dropped.
3) Health exchange head says Heller bill gives illusion of protecting pre-existing conditions. The Las Vegas Sun, September 4, 2018.
A republican senate bill that seeks to protect patients with pre-existing conditions falls short of current law.
4) FDA approves two new HIV drugs. Rueters, August 30, 2018.
The FDA announces they have approved two new drugs to treat HIV through Merck.
5) Ford expands GoRide medical transport service with Detroit Medical Center partnership. Modern Healthcare, September 4, 2018.
The service offers bedside-to-bedside transportation for patients.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.