Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) HHS To Collaborate With Investors, Startups To Accelerate Health Care Innovation. Modern Healthcare, September 19, 2018.
HHS is looking for investors on strategies to increase innovation and research in healthcare.
2) Bipartisan senators unveil proposal to crack down on surprise medical bills. The Hill, September 18, 2018.
This new legislation would prevent a provider from outside the patients network from charging additional costs beyond the amount usually allowed by their insurance plan.
3) New Hampshire pain clinic pleads guilty to opioid prescription fraud, billing Medicare. New Hampshire Union Leader, September 18, 2018.
The clinic allowed unauthorized employees to write ‘drive-by’ prescriptions for opioids to Medicare patients.
4) Bayer Asking California State Judge To Overturn Roundup Jury Verdict. The Wall Street Journal, September 19, 2018.
The company steps up the fight over their product being blamed for causing cancer after a recent guilty verdict in California.
5) West Virginia lawmakers drafting a vaccine exemption bill. Charleston-Gazette Mail, September 18, 2018.
The proposed bill would make vaccine exemptions for children more accessible.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.