Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Senate easily passes sweeping opioids legislation, sending to President Trump. The Washington Post, October 3, 2018.
The Senate passed the final version of an opioid bill last week.
2) CMS Says Revisions Will Bring Healthcare Innovation to Patients. Healthcare Analytics News, October 3, 2018.
Changes to LCD’s will give Medicare patients faster access to therapies and devices.
3) More than 500 lawsuits against acne drug maker are dismissed. The Associated Press, October 3, 2018.
New Jersey Supreme Court dismisses case against an acne drug maker over the drug Accutane.
4) Maine in legal stalemate over Medicaid expansion. Bangor, October 2, 2018.
With Medicaid expansion in limbo many people are putting off going to the doctor because they simply cannot afford it.
5) DMC fires 3 cardiologists from leadership positions, another resigns. Detroit Free Press, October 2, 2018.
Detroit Medical Center accused of demoting three physicians in retaliation for raising patient care concerns.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.