Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Trump administration squares off with drug makers over plan. The Associated Press, October 26, 2018.
Trump is pushing a plan to lower drug prices, putting his administration at odds with pharmaceutical companies.
2) Government warns seniors to watch out for scammers as Medicare issues new cards. AZ Central, October 26, 2018.
Arizona seniors should be on the lookout for scammers with the release of the new Medicare cards.
3) Proposed CMS rule would expand telehealth benefits under Medicare Advantage plans. Modern Healthcare, October 26, 2018.
New telehealth benefits would be available to seniors beginning in 2020.
4) Another nurse pleads guilty in $60-million Medicare, Medicaid fraud scheme. The Dallas Morning News, October 25, 2018.
The nurse who was paid to find patients for the hospice company reaches plea deal.
5) Connecticut women pleads guilty in Medicaid fraud case. The Associated Press, October 24, 2018.
The woman plead guilty to stealing the identity of more than 150 Medicaid recipients.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.