Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Former psychologist, wife sentenced to prison for Medicaid fraud. Wyoming Tribune Eagle, December 5 2018.
The couple was sentenced to 37 months in prison.
2) Medicare improperly paid $34 to medical equipment suppliers: OIG. Fierce Healthcare, December 5, 2018.
The money went toward durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics and supplies.
3) New Hampshire officials say new Medicaid work requirement could impact about 15,000 residents. Modern Healthcare, December 5, 2018.
Democrats blast Medicaid for changing work requirements.
4) Hospitals sue over site-neutral payment policy. Modern Healthcare, December 4, 2018.
Hospitals file lawsuit against Trump administration over site-neutral payment rule.
5) Trump administration examining how social services could fit in Medicaid. Washington Examiner, December 4, 2018.
Trump administration looks to take Medicaid outside the doctor’s office.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.