Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Nessel joins legal challenge to Obamacare birth control mandate exemptions. The Detroit News, January 7, 2019.
Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel is challenging federal rules that allow employers to refuse coverage of contraceptives on moral or religious grounds.
2) Health Insurers Kept $9.1 Billion In Additional Medicare Payments, Investigation Reveals. The Wall Street Journal, January 4, 2019.
How insurers kept billions of dollars in additional payments from Medicare.
3) Pelosi Indicates Congress Should Require States to Expand Medicaid. The Washington Examiner, January 5, 2019.
The House Speaker suggested that Congress should require states to expand Medicaid to the poor under Obamacare.
4) ‘Medicare for all’ proposal headed for House hearings. Modern Healthcare, January 3, 2019.
A new ‘Medicare for all’ draft could be released as early as next week.
5) House Democrats vote to defend ACA in court – and jam Republicans. The Washington Post, January 3, 2019.
House Democrats used their new majority to take the first step to intervene in court case in which a Texas judge ruled the ACA unconstitutional.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.