Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) AGs in Michigan, 3 other states seek to defend health law. Associated Press, January 31, 2019.
The Michigan Attorney General is seeking to intervene in a lawsuit to defend the federal health care law after a judge declared it unconstitutional.
2) Trump predicts Obamacare will be ‘terminated’ by the courts. The Hill, February 1, 2019.
The President believes that a lawsuit challenging the Affordable Care Act will succeed.
3) Idaho Supreme Court rules Medicaid expansion is legal. The Associated Press, February 5, 2019.
Idaho Supreme Court ruled that a voter-approved Medicaid expansion plan is legal.
4) Commercial plans’ lower rates for mental healthcare may reduce patient access. Modern Healthcare, February 5, 2019.
Certain Medicare plans pay mental health providers in their networks significantly lower rates than traditional Medicare pays; thus lowering patients access to care.
5) Trump health chief asks Congress to pass drug discount plan. The Associated Press, February 1 , 2019.
Trump officials asked Congress to pass its new drug discount plan.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.