Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Revenue Problems for Hospitals under new Michigan Auto Insurance Law. Crains Detroit. June 2, 2019
Suburban Detroit hospital systems appear to be at risk of losing millions of dollars in annual revenue as a result of the new auto insurance reform law.
2) Will the Courts Determine HIPAA Penalty as Unlawful? HealthItSecurity. April 12, 2019
MD Anderson is appealing $4.3 million HIPAA breach penalty as unlawful, excessive and beyond the HIPAA statutory cap.
3) Medical Records Service Found to Expose PHI of 3.5 million patients. iapp. May 23, 2019
Medical Informatics Engineering, a medical records service was found to have exposed electronic health records of 3.5 million patients and settled for $100,000.
4) HHS OCR Clarifies HIPAA Liability of Business Associates. HealthItSecurity. May 28, 2019.
HHS OCR released a fact sheet around business associate liability under HIPAA and HITECH outlining all provisions for which the agencies are authorized to take enforcement action.
5) Michigan State Physician Accused of Over-Prescribing Opioids. AP. May 31, 2019.
A high ranking state health official and top doctor has been placed on paid leave after being accused of excessively prescribing opioids.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.