Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Anthem ties-up with Walmart for over-the-counter drugs. Reuters, August 20, 2018.
Anthem has partnered with Walmart to allow Medicare Advantage plan to purchase over-the-counter medications.
2) Nearly 20% of Medicare radition therapy planning payments were improper, OIG says. Modern Healthcare, August 20, 2018.
CMS paid over 25% more in payments for certain types of cancer treatment.
3) Law allows Medicaid flexibility for ‘medically fragile’ kids. The Associated Press, August 20, 2018.
The law allows families with extremely sick children the ability for their care to be exempt from managed-care organizations.
4) House Committee Pledges to Roll Back More Medicare Regulations. CQ Webinars, August 19, 2018.
Regulatory burdens now come at the expense of patient care.
5) China Fires 10 Officials Over Bad Vaccines as Anger Mounts. The New York Times, August 17, 2018.
Dozens of officials have been fired in connection of a scandal of faulty vaccines.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.