Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Virginia looks to add Medicaid work requirements, premiums. Modern Healthcare, September 24, 2018.
Medicaid premiums would be based on income.
2) As More Cities Push for Paid Sick Leave, States Push Back. PEW, September 24, 2018.
Citizens are rallying for paid sick leave legislation, while the cities fight back.
3) Ruling on Health Care Subsidies Could Prove Costly for Government. The New York Times, September 22, 2018.
A federal court ruled on ACA cost sharing reductions.
4) Scammers using confusion over the repeal of the ACA’s individual mandate to defraud customers. Clarion Ledger, September 21, 2018.
Scammers are using the confusion of the deadline for purchasing health insurance to their advantage by defrauding customers of their money.
5) Trump’s overhaul of Medicare payment angers doctors. Politico, September 20, 2018.
CMS thought the proposal to save physicians time on paperwork would be a hit, yet most doctors feel the opposite.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.