Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) FDA Panel Urges Mandatory Opioid Training for Doctors. The Wall Street Journal, May 4, 2016.
An advisory panel endorsed mandatory training for doctors who prescribe opioid painkillers.
2) Anthem CFO to resign as insurer fights for Cigna merger approval. Modern Healthcare, May 4, 2016.
Anthem will attempt to win federal approval for the acquisition of Cigna Corp. with a new CFO.
3) $10 million awarded to 10 Michigan health centers. Crain’s, May 4, 2016.
Ten health centers will receive $1M for facilities improvement.
4) Health Insurers Struggle to Offset New Costs. The Wall Street Journal, May 4, 2016.
Insurers are proposing big premium increases for coverage under the Affordable Care Act, in an effort to make money as their costs soar.
5) Brookings calls out OCR on HIPAA audits, offers security tips for healthcare organizations. Healthcare IT News, May 5, 2016.
New cybersecurity strategies are needed, and the federal government is not doing enough to keep patient data safe.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.