Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) President Trump Nominates Judge Brett Kavanaugh for The Supreme Court. The Washington Post, July 9, 2018.
Kavanaugh is nominated by Trump to succeed Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy.
2) CMS quit test of pricey cancer treatment amid concerns over industry role. Politico, July 9, 2018.
CMS administrators quietly killed a plan to pay for a breakthrough cancer treatment.
3) Judge: Experts Can Testify That Roundup Linked to Cancer. The U.S. News, July 10, 2018.
The first trial over weed killer cancer claims begins.
4) Maryland Governor Signs Federal All-Payer Health Contract. The U.S. News, July 9, 2018.
The contract will create incentives to improve care while saving money.
5) Michigan Expands List of Conditions Medical Pot Can Treat. The U.S. News, July 9, 2018.
Regulators have significantly expanded the list of conditions medical marijuana can treat.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.