Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Lesson from the Anthem hack: Cybersecurity must extend beyond encryption. Modern Healthcare, February 11, 2015.
The exposure of 80 million individuals’ records has shifted national attention to data encryption.
2) Report estimates lower costs for ICD-10 implementation. FierceHealthIT, February 11, 2015.
ICD-10 costs for small physician practices are significantly lower than estimates released this time last year.
3) FDA Lightens Regulations on Medical Device Data Systems, Mobile Apps. HealthData Management, February 9, 2015.
The FDA issued final guidance that have noticeably less severe regulations regarding medical device data systems and mobile applications.
4) Homegrown EHR coming to mainstream market. Healthcare IT News, February 10, 2015.
A homegrown ambulatory EHR system that developed over the past 30 years is ready for a public launch in April.
5) ONC budget request sends a strong message about the growing importance of health IT. FierceHealthIT, February 10, 2015.
President Obama allocated $92 million this year to support the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.