Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Why Intuitive Surgical Is Increasing R&D Spending by Over 30%. Fox Business, February 7, 2017.
Intuitive Surgical is increasing research and development funding to work on the next generation of robotic surgery.
2) Children’s Health Pays $3.2 Million in HHS Fines. D Healthcare, February 6, 2017.
The Children’s Medical Center of Dallas was fined for failing to comply with HIPAA.
3) FTC sues drug maker for abusing citizen’s petitions in bid to delay generic rivals. STAT, February 7, 2017.
The Federal Trade Commission filed a lawsuit against a drug maker for abusing the citizen’s petition process.
4) Judge bars further testimony from victims’ kin in NECC meningitis trial. The Boston Globe, February 7, 2017.
Judge Stearns barred prosecutors from calling more family members of victims to testify in the deadly meningitis outbreak case.
5) Feds: Provider-owned devices affected by St. Jude cybersecurity vulnerability. Modern Healthcare, February 7, 2017.
The vulnerabilities in the cardiovascular device extend to equipment used in healthcare facilities.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.