Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Shakeup at Molina Healthcare: CEO and CFO, sons of founder, are out. Crain’s May 3, 2017.
Molina Healthcare cited poor financial performance for the removal of brothers Mario and John Molina.
2) Hacker: Patient data of 500,000 children stolen from pediatricians. Healthcare IT News, May 3, 2017.
Patient records of 500,000 children are available on the internet, with many of their physicians unaware of the breach.
3) Drug spending by Blue Cross Blue Shield members rose 73 percent since 2010, even as generic use rose. CNBC, May 3, 2017.
Since 2010, prescription medication spending by Blue Cross Blue Shield members has increased by 10% each year.
4) Cloud-based master patient index could offer patient-matching relief. Healthcare IT News, May 3, 2017.
Hospitals can now subscribe to a cloud service instead of managing their own patient matching information and processes.
5) U.S. Congress secures health benefits for coal miners. Reuters, May 1, 2017.
Lawmakers avoided a government shutdown through a deal that included healthcare benefits for United Mine Workers.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.