Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) DMC warns 1,529 patients of health data breach. Crain’s, July 13, 2017.
The Detroit Medical Center notified patients that an employee allegedly stole protected health information and provided it to unauthorized individuals.
2) Aetna Adds Behavior-Based Security to Customer Application. The Wall Street Journal, July 12, 2017.
Aetna is rolling out a new security measure to its mobile and web applications.
3) Beaumont opens proton therapy center in Royal Oak. Crain’s, July 13, 2017.
Beaumont Hospital is opening the first proton therapy center to treat cancer in Michigan.
4) Charge filed in St. Charles data breach. The Bulletin, July 11, 2017.
St. Charles Health System employee inappropriately viewed patients’ medical records and is now facing jail time.
5) Nursing Homes Move Into The Insurance Business. Kaiser Health News, July 13, 2017.
Some nursing home companies have started selling their own private Medicare insurance policies.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.