Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Senate Soundly Rejects Repeal-Only Health Plan. The New York Times, July 26, 2017.
The Senate rejected a measure that would repeal parts of the Affordable Care Act without a replacement.
2) Romania to pass vaccination law to deal with immunization gaps. Reuters, July 27, 2017.
Romania intends to pass a vaccination law to prevent the further spread of a measles outbreak that has resulted in the deaths of 32 people.
3) Stem cell company for sports legends facing financial complaints. USA Today, July 25, 2017.
The company that manufactured medicine for sports heroes is facing complaints for unpaid bills and fraud.
4) Charges filed against 11 former workers at Grand Rapids veterans home. Crain’s, July 24, 2017.
Eleven workers have been charged with keeping false records.
5) Healthcare organizations are underestimated cybersecurity risks. Healthcare IT News, July 26, 2017.
Few healthcare organizations are ready to defend against a concerted cyber attack, despite the high risk of threats.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.