Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Already Strained by Harvey, Hospitals Brace for New Wave of Patients. The Wall Street Journal, August 30, 2017.
Hospitals that were able to stay open are now bracing for many patients as roads begin to clear.
2) How emerging cyber threats are transforming the HIPAA landscape. Healthcare IT News, August 29, 2017.
Hospitals and healthcare administrators are rethinking HIPAA compliance due to increasing cyber security threats.
3) Amazon hit with lawsuit over eclipse glasses. Reuters, August 30, 2017.
Amazon.com has been sued by a couple who claims that defective eclipse glasses damaged their eyes.
4) Data breach at Mid-Michigan Physicians compromised patient records. Lansing State Journal, August 25, 2017.
McLaren Medical Group, who manages Mid-Michigan Physicians was notified of a data breach regarding unauthorized access to patient information.
5) FDA Approves First Gene Therapy Treatment For Cancer. Time, August 30, 2017.
The FDA approved a treatment for children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.