Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Bill legalizing CBD oil passes, but it could cut some manufacturers out of the industry. Indy Star, March 14, 2018.
Bill that legalizes the use of CBD oil to treat pain passes.
2) Indictment: Man used nonprofit to cheat Medicare out of $1M. Associated Press, March 19, 2018.
New Jersey man accused of defrauding Medicare.
3) MedPAC: Hospitals’ Medicare margin continue to drop. Modern Healthcare, March 19, 2018.
Hospitals Medicare numbers are dropping, causing concerns for seniors .
4) New laws to give Utah women easier and less expensive access to birth-control pills and IUD’s. The Salt Lake Tribune, March 20, 2018.
New laws will allow easier access to birth-control to women in Utah.
5) BlueCross BlueShield changing opioid prescription policy. Alabama Live, March 20, 2018.
BCBS in Alabama is making changes to their opioid prescription policies to protect patients.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.