Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) UnitedHealth hikes 2018 forecast, books another big 1Q gain. The Associated Press, April 17 2018.
UnitedHealth posts 31% higher profit for this years first quarter.
2) Drug suppliers’ shares rise as looming Amazon threat appears to ease. Reuters, April 16, 2018.
Amazon puts a hold on selling pharmaceuticals to hospitals.
3) Eastern Ky. doctor convicted of federal health care fraud. The Washington Times, April 17, 2018.
A Kentucky physician has been convicted of Medicare fraud.
4) How Apple’s Health Records could reshape patient engagement. Healthcare IT News, April 18, 2018.
Apple’s plan for electronic health records could change population health and patient engagement.
5) City enters national opioid lawsuit against pharmaceutical groups, county likely won’t. MLive, April 12 2018.
50 Michigan cities and counties enter a lawsuit against pharmaceutical manufactures, distributors and wholesalers.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.