Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Memorial Hermann to pay nearly $2 million to settle improper billing allegations. The Houston Chronicle, May 14 2018.
The hospital is agreeing to pay $1.9 million to resolve issues associated with fraudulent Medicare billing.
2) CMS Approves Maryland Plan to Control Health Care Costs. The Baltimore Sun, May 4, 2018.
Maryland’s plan to control health cost’s gets federal approval.
3) Advocates pushing for ballot initiaves to expand Medicaid in four states. McClatchy DC Bureau, May 4, 2018.
Organizers work for ballot initiatives to push Medicaid expansion.
4) Azar defends Trump’s plan to lower drug prices. The Washington Post, May 14, 2018.
Azar is in support of Trump’s plan to lower drug prices.
5) U.S. joins whistleblower case against Insys over kickbacks. Reuters, May 13 2018.
Department of Justice joins in on a a whistleblower case on opioid kickbacks.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.