Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Trump Administration Evaluating Concerns Relating to Standing Drug Prices in Advertising. The New York Times, May 21 2018.
President Trump is looking to have drug prices listed in advertising for prescription medication.
2) North Carolina House Bill Would Provide Telemedicine Standards. Winston-Salem Journal, May 20, 2018.
House bill wold provide standards for telemedicine for insurers and providers.
3) Virginia Governor vetoes Republican healthcare bills. The Associated Press May 21, 2018.
The Governor has vetoed numerous GOP bills related to healthcare.
4) Patients, physicians pushing back against Anthem’s “Avoidable ER Program”. The New York Times, May 21, 2018.
The program is creating huge bills for patients who go to the ER unnecessarily.
5) FDA chastises businesses for attempting to hide warning letters. US News, May 18, 2018.
FDA is encouraging companies to not try and hide warning letters.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.