Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) China Approves First Cancer Immunotherapy Drug. Stat News, June 15, 2018.
A Chinese drug retailer approved the new drug last Friday.
2) Theranos Founder Elizabeth Holmes Indicted on Fraud Charges. The New York Times, June 15, 2018.
Holmes, the founder of Theranos lab testing, was indicted on charges of defrauding investors of millions of dollars.
3) Republicans give up on Medicare overhaul. Politico, June 17, 2018.
Republicans are giving up their last shot on Medicare reform.
4) House to debate sweeping health care bill. The Associated Press, June 19, 2018.
The Massachusetts House is prepping to tackle a huge health care bill directed at hospitals and insurers.
5) Trump’s Plan to Lower Drug Prices Tests Limits of the Law. The New York Times, June 16, 2018.
In efforts to lower drug prices the President is testing the limits of the law preventing the government from interfering with drug price negotiations.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.