Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Pair of Dem Senators probe drug pricing ‘middleman,’ distributors over high costs. The Hill, July 2, 2018.
Senators are probing distributors on their high prices.
2) Kentucky cuts vision, dental care for up to 460,000 people. AP News, July 2, 2018.
Vision and dental coverage cut to over 460,000 people after Medicaid overhaul was rejected.
3) Medicare Advantage enrollees spend less time in rehab. Modern Healthcare, July 2, 2018.
According to a study Medicare Advantage enrolless spend less time in nursing facilities after surgeries.
4) CMS considering paying home health agencies for remote monitoring. Modern Healthcare, July 2, 2018.
This will involve the use of digital tools to collect patient health data such as vital signs and blood pressure.
5) Arkansas stops Medicaid payments to nonprofit in wake of arrest. The Associated Press, June 30, 2018.
They have stopped making payments to a nonprofit after a former executive with the agency is arrested in a fraud scheme.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.