Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Republican Tax Leader Seeks to Restore Obamacare Funds. Bloomberg News, July 16, 2018.
Brady discussing potential restoration of ACA risk adjustment payments.
2) Resorts Working To Offer Quality Care For Customers With Cancer. The New York Times, July 17, 2018.
At these hotels and spas, cancer is no obstacle to quality care.
3) Still underinvesting in cybersecurity? It’ll cost you $408 per patient record. Healthcare IT News, July 13, 2018.
Not taking patient security seriously could cost you big in the long run.
4) CVS supports Trump’s effort to lower drug prices. Fox Business, July 16, 2018.
The retail pharmacy says they support efforts to lower drug prices.
5) CMS Approves Oklahoma Medicaid Drug Pricing Experiment. The Washington Post, July 13, 2018.
CMS approved a first-in-the-nation drug pricing experiment that is said to save taxpayer dollars.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.