Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Monsanto Hit by $289 Million Verdict in Cancer Case. The Wall Street Journal, August 10, 2018.
The jury determines that the company failed to warn of potential risk of cancer from using their products.
2) Trump Administration Continues Push for Medicaid Work Requires. The New York Times, August 11, 2018.
A judge blocked a Medicaid work requirements, the White House is undeterred.
3) Report: Michigan Military Base May Have Caused Cancer. The Associated Press, August 12, 2018.
A federal agency says contaminated water may have caused cancer and other diseases.
4) Insurers, Drugmakers Form New Group To Fight Against Growing Support For Single-Payer. The Hill, August 10, 2018.
People are pushing for a single-payer health system.
5) Trump Administration Plans To Roll Out Detailed Plan To Lower Drug Prices. Kasier Health News, August 10, 2018.
The Trump Administration has begun efforts to decrease drug prices.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.