Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Obama Praises Medicare For All Idea As He Begins Campaigning For The Midterms. Politico, September 7, 2018.
Obama gives his support for Medicare For All.
2) UnitedHealthCare wins challenge of 2014 Medicare Advantage overpayment rule. Modern Healthcare, September 7, 2018.
A federal judge ruled in favor of UHC and vacated a 2014 CMS rule they claimed resulted in overpayment of Medicare Advantage insurers.
3) Obamacare looking healthy for 2019, despite attacks. CNN, September 7, 2018.
ACA marketplaces reportedly stabilizing and strengtening despite certain issues.
4) Senate reaches deal on opioid legislation. The Washington Post, September 6, 2018.
Senate reaches an agreement on the opioid package to address the opioid epidemic.
5) Judge blocks Anthem-Cigna merger. Modern Healthcare, September 8, 2018.
A judge blocked the proposed $54M merger between the two companies.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.07