Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) AmerisourceBergen to pay $625 million in U.S. civil fraud settlement. Reuters, October 1, 2018.
One of the largest drug wholesalers, AmerisourceBergen, to resolve fraud charges over the sale of syringes, double billing and kick backs to doctors.
2) Health company to pay $270M over improper billing practices. The Associated Press, October 2, 2018.
DaVita Medical accused of over billing Medicare.
3) Administration overhauls Medicare website to help with plan comparisons. The Washington Examiner, October 2, 2018.
Trump administration made many changes to the Medicare website to increase ability to compare plans.
4) House overwhelmingly passes bipartisan opioid bill. The Hill, September 28, 2018.
The bill passed with overwhelming support to help fight in the opioid crisis.
5) Small business groups in Michigan form assocation health plan under federal rules. ModernHealth, October 1, 2018.
Under federal rules two small businesses in Michigan are allowing their members to band together to purchase larger health insurance policies.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.