Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) Drug Manufacturers Call New York Opioid Stewardship Act Unconstitutional. The Wall Street Journal, November 19, 2018.
Drug manufacturers are fighting a law that aims to collect money from the industry to help lower costs from the opioid crisis.
2) Affordable Care Act Enrollment Down Over First 2 Weeks. WUSF Public Media, November 19, 2018.
Enrollment in Obamacare for 2019 is down over 20% in it’s first two weeks in comparison to 2018.
3) Michigan Medicaid approved for drug pricing experiment. The Associated Press, November 14, 2018.
CMS approves Michigan plan for value-based payments under Medicaid.
4) CMS to ask if HIPAA is a barrier to to care coordination. Modern Healthcare, November 14, 2018.
CMS aims to reduce the burdens that HIPAA can often times create when it comes to providing care.
5) Syracuse hospital data breach part of massive national problem. Syracuse Post-Standard, November 13, 2018.
This latest hospital data breach is evidence of the growing problem in patient security.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.