Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) House passes multiple Medicaid bills. E&C, December 11, 2018.
The House of Representatives passed the Improving Medicaid Programs and Opportunities for Eligible Beneficiaries (IMPROVE) Act.
2) ACOs object to proposed the Medicare rules. The Washington Post, December 11, 2018.
Doctors and hospitals are pleading with the Trump administration to ditch stricter rules that could expose them to losing Medicare payments sooner.
3) Judge sides with religious groups in ObamaCare birth control mandate fight. The Hill, December 11, 2018.
A federal judge sided with religious colleges and organizations in their challenge of the Affordable Care Act’s birth control mandate.
4) New rules will promote patient access to health care data. Modern Healthcare, December 10, 2018.
Soon patients and providers will be better able to access healthcare data thanks to new technology.
5) Top Dems press Trump officials for answers on pre-existing conditions. The Hill, December 7, 2018.
Four incoming House Democrats pressed the Trump administration for answers on its decision on overturning the ACA’s pre-exisiting condition protections in court.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.