Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) CMS Finalizes Rules for ACOs. Modern Healthcare, December 21, 2018.
Last week CMS finalized a rule that overhauls Medicare Shared Savings Program requiring accountable care programs to take on risk sooner or be eliminated from the program.
2) Feds OK Medicaid work requirements for Michigan. The Associated Press, December 21, 2018.
The Trump administration approved Michigan’s plan to add work related requirements to its Medicaid expansion program.
3) CMS wants to use more patient-specific data for Medicare Advantage payments. Modern Healthcare, December 20, 2018.
The proposal announced last week would reflect the total number of conditions the patient has, in addition to viewing each condition individually in the risk assessment model.
4) Happy New Year! Potential Changes to HIPAA Requirements on the Horizon. Health Care Law Today, December 19, 2018.
Potential changes to HIPAA requirements coming in 2019.
5) 2018 Year in Review: Health insurance defined by flexibility. Modern Healthcare, December 26, 2018.
Greater flexibility, new alliances define insurance industry 2018.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.