Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) CMS extends 2014 MU attestation deadline. Healthcare IT News, November 25, 2014.
The deadline for eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals to attest to meaningful use has been moved from November 30 to December 31, 2014.
2) Bloomfield Hills spine specialist charged with health care fraud. Crains, November 24, 2014.
Detroit-area doctor has been charged with fraud for performing bogus back surgeries.
3) Hospital hit with $100K HIPAA bill. Healthcare IT News, November 24, 2014.
A hospital failed to notify patients in a timely manner after an unencrypted laptop containing PHI of nearly 4,000 patients was stolen.
4) Digital health funding continues to soar. mHealth News, November 24, 2014.
Funding for digital health in the doctor’s office is expected to almost double.
5) State delays implementing health care program. Crains, November 25, 2014.
Michigan is delaying implementation of its health care coordination for people eligible for Medicare and Medicaid.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.