Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) HHS hits provider with $150,000 bill for HIPAA breach. Healthcare IT News, December 9, 2014.
A mental health organization has agreed to pay after an investigation found inadequate safeguards for patient data.
2) ICD-10 delay appears DOA in Congress this year. Modern Healthcare, December 8, 2014.
The proposed ICD-10 delay does not appear to be going anywhere in the current lame duck session of Congress.
3) Patient engagement rises with consumer EHR satisfaction. EHR Intelligence, December 10, 2014.
Patients are more likely to give EHRs positive ratings when they have online access to their personal health information.
4) Small parts of spending deal could have long-term healthcare impact. Modern Healthcare, December 11, 2014.
Several pieces in the spending deal are of interest to hospitals, home health providers and pharmaceutical companies.
5) Free digital healthcare advice for C-suite. Healthcare IT News, December 11, 2014.
President of consulting firm for IDNs and medical suppliers gives advice to top-level healthcare executives.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.