Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
1) 89 ACOs will join Medicare Shared Savings Program in January. Modern Healthcare, December 22, 2014.
Medicare is expanding its attempt to overhaul how hospitals and doctors are paid in January.
2) Doc network scores Stage 7 EMR award. Healthcare IT News, December 22, 2014.
A physician network was awarded the highest level of electronic medical record adoption, by going beyond implementation of patient portals, CPOE, and clinical decision support.
3) Henry Ford Health wins appeal over online posting of patient medical records. Crain’s, December 22, 2014.
Although medical records were mistakenly made available online, there was no evidence that the information was actually viewed.
4) CMS’ latest ICD-10 claims testing sees 76% acceptance rate. Modern Healthcare, December 23, 2014.
After a partial testing of over 13,000 ICD-10 claims, CMS announced a 76% acceptance rate by CMS contractors.
5) HIPAA breach puts PHI on Google. Healthcare IT News, December 23, 2014.
620 patients were notified last week that their protected health information was accessible through internet search engines.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.
P.S. If you or your patients are interested in consumer healthcare issues, check out myhealthspin.com.