Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- AHA: COVID-19 pandemic could cost hospitals $200B through June FierceHealthcare
An American Hospital Association report found that following COVID-19, many hospitals are on the brink due to losses.
- Children’s Hospital bans Wayne State University pediatricians The Detroit News
The Detroit Medical Center has banned faculty pediatricians from WSU from working at the DMC Children’s Hospital of Michigan.
- U.S., U.K. security agencies warn state-based hackers targeting healthcare, medical research FierceHealthcare
Advanced persistent threat groups, often associated with foreign governments, are attacking healthcare policy makers and medical research organizations to steal information about coronavirus containment.
- Cigna’s Express Scripts offers discounted drugs for U.S. newly unemployed Reuter’s
Express Scripts is offering discounted prescription drug prices to the newly uninsured.
- Modeling tool helps hospitals predict capacity timeline for COVID-19 patients Healthcare IT News
A new capacity planning tool from Health Catalyst attempts to help hospitals determine when they will hit capacity, the measures of severity, and what percentage of patients will need hospitalization, critical care of a ventilator.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.