Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- 3 medical centers, patients sue to lift Whitmer ban on medical services The Detroit News
Medical centers are suing to end Gov. Whitmer’s emergency orders that stopped medical services deemed ‘non-essential’ as the Medical Centers argue that the orders harm non-COVID patients.
- States Fret Over Covid-19 Medicaid Relief as HHS Plays Catch-Up Bloomberg Law
Medicaid providers are worried that the COVID-19 relief fund will not be enough.
- CVS unit Omnicare settles U.S. opioid probe for $15.3 million Reuters
A CVS Health unit will pay over $15 million to resolve allegations that it allowed drugs to be dispensed without valid prescriptions.
- Mount Sinai using Google Nest to monitor patients, reducing in-person contact Healthcare IT News
An NYC hospital has installed over 100 Google Nest cameras in hospitals to observe and communicate with COVID-19 patients.
- Republican lawmakers press state on nursing home order ABC 12 News
Michigan lawmakers are questioning policies that put recovering COVID-19 patients into nursing homes.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.