Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- 1 in 5 patients have found errors in visit notes Healthcare IT News
Patients reported finding mistakes in diagnoses, medications, medical history, incorrect patient notes and more.
- Henry Ford, Michigan State partnership expansion to add research institute, cancer program Detroit Free Press
Henry Ford Health System and Michigan State University will work together to create a cancer program and build a joint research institute in Detroit.
- Human Trials for the First Coronavirus Prevention and Treatment Drug Begins US News & World Report
Trials have begun on an antibody cocktail, that will likely be available faster than a vaccine for COVID-19.
- Coronavirus survivor in US receives double lung transplant ABC News
Chicago surgeons performed a double lung transplant on a young woman with severe lung damages from COVID-19.
- U.S. states accuse 26 drugmakers of generic drug price fixing in sweeping lawsuit Reuters
Attorneys general from 46 states, DC and four US territories have sued drugmakers alleging that they conspired to increase prices on generic drugs between 2009 and 2016.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.