Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Beaumont Health eyeing merger with out-of-state hospital system Advocate Aurora Detroit Free Press
Beaumont is considering a merger to find security amid uncertainties in healthcare.
- US warns 3 companies over illegal at-home COVID-19 tests AP News
The FDA issued warning letters to companies selling at-home blood tests that have not been tested for accuracy.
- Ransomware attack leaves 5 years of patient records inaccessible at Colo. hospital Healthcare IT News
A hospital is still attempting to recover files after an unknown cybercriminal locked its files to extort money.
- ‘Medicaid best price’ changes aimed at value-based gene therapy contracts: U.S. agency Reuters
Proposed changes would allow commercial health insurers to enter into ‘value-based’ payment schemes.
- Super-potent human antibodies protect against COVID-19 in animal tests Science News
Recovered COVID-19 patient antibodies provided powerful protection during testing.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.