Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- WHO underplaying risk of airborne spread of Covid-19, say scientists MSN
Scientists authoring a letter to WHO are indicating that airborne spread of the disease is more important than WHO has acknowledged.
- CVS develops app to read prescription labels for visually impaired patients Becker’s Hospital Review
CVS developed an app that will read prescription labels out loud to visually impaired customers.
- Michigan nursing home workers faced ‘heartbreaking’ reality as COVID-19 hit, inspection records reveal The Detroit News
As COVID-19 hit Michigan, staff of many nursing homes faced limited protective gear and did not have access to COVID-19 tests.
- HHS announces billion-dollar push toward experimental COVID-19 vaccine Healthcare IT News
HHS will invest over $1 billion toward the development of a vaccine by Novavax and $450 million toward the manufacture and supply of REGN-COV2 by Regeneron.
- Walmart makes new push into healthcare with insurance business Reuters
Walmart has its own insurance business and is looking for agents to sell Medicare insurance.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.