Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Beaumont board voices support for merger with Advocate Aurora as physicians criticize leadership Becker’s Hospital Review
While some concerned physicians have circulated a no-confidence letter that the merger would remove local control, the Beaumont Health board is supporting the merger.
- Unencrypted stolen laptop costs Lifespan more than $1M Healthcare IT News
Lifespan Health System will pay over $1M and put a corrective action plan into place after an employee’s laptop was stolen from a car.
- Michigan reports nearly 1,000 new cases of COVID-19, citing lab backlog The Detroit News
Following a system backlog, Michigan has updated test results showing a positivity rate of 3.2%.
- Sanders delegates signing petition to vote against Dem platform that doesn’t include ‘Medicare-for-all’ Fox News
Sanders delegates are clashing with nominee Joe Biden over a single-payer system.
- Hospital margins could sink to a negative 7% this year: 5 things to know Becker’s Hospital Review
According to the American Hospital Association, half of US hospitals could be operating in the red in the second half of 2020.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.