Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Whitmer Vetoes Bill to Expand Immunity From Medical Lawsuits US News & World Report
Michigan governor vetoed legislation that would have given additional health providers protection from lawsuits in any state-declared emergency.
- Michigan’s key COVID-19 statistic was wrong; blame Idaho The Detroit News
Michigan received testing results without addresses while working with a health system in Idaho and results included people from Idaho.
- Neck gaiters, bandanas more harmful than not wearing a mask, Duke study suggests Becker’s Hospital Review
Wearing bandanas or neck gaiters to protect against COVID-19 may do more harm than not wearing a mask.
- OCR warns hospitals of HIPAA compliance scams Healthcare IT News
Fraudulent postcards are being sent to hospital privacy officers, warning of noncompliance and a mandatory risk assessment.
- New Jersey lab sues Cigna, accused of denying reimbursement for COVID-19 services Becker’s Hospital Review
A radiology lab accused Cigna of wrongfully denying payments for nearly $400,000 in services provided to COVID-19 patients.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE.