Life is hectic, we know, so here’s a recap of the Healthcare Weekly Hot Topics you can’t afford to miss:
- Ascension move to outsource IT will eliminate ‘a few hundred’ jobs Becker’s Hospital Review
Ascension is transforming its technology, which will result in the loss of a few hundred IT jobs.
- OCR amends HIPAA Privacy Rule guidance for convalescent plasma Healthcare IT News
Insurance are able to contact plasma donors about their donation opportunities.
- Beaumont loses confidence of more than 650 nurses Becker’s Hospital Review
Many nurses were critical of Beaumont management in a survey conducted of 681 nurses.
- Hospitals Must Report COVID Data or Risk Medicare, Medicaid Funding Kaiser Health News
New rules require hospitals to report coronavirus data and test results to HHS.
- COVID-19 lockdowns blocked flu in some places but fall looms The Detroit News
As flu season approaches, experts are not sure if the flu will double up on illnesses or if COVID-19 measures will keep flu numbers down.
Do you have questions about healthcare issues? We can help. For assistance, CLICK HERE.
Get “News You Can Use” delivered directly to your e-mail inbox. Click here to Subscribe.